Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bella's First, Second and Third Doctor Appointments

**This post is really for my record keeping purposes..it isn't anything really interesting :)**

Isabella had her very first doctor's appointment on Monday August 2nd, when she was 3 days old. We had to make an emergency, after hour visit to our pediatrician's office. She was jaundice and not eating at all. I was so worried and upset. I broke down on the phone with Dr. M's nurse. But Dr. M was satisfied that nothing was wrong with her except her jaundice but that it wasn't bad enough to need hospitalization. So she told me to pump my breastmilk and feed it to her in a bottle. She also gave us some pedialyte to give her if she would not take the breastmilk right away.

She took the pedialyte and then soon after took the breastmilk. I tried for several days to get her to breast feed again but she wouldn't. Dr. M said it was laziness because getting milk out of the bottle is much easier than the nipple! ha...she was 4 days old and already lazy :)She weighed 6 lbs 11 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long.

On Friday, August 6th, Bella had her second doctor's appointment. This was her routine 1 week check up. Her jaundice was looking better and she was eating so much better (out of the bottle of course!) I was so shocked I didn't have to wait in the waiting room at all. They took us right back to our room. It was really nice not to have to keep a newborn in a pediatrician's waiting room. :)

She weighed 6 lbs 14 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long. She was perfect.

This past Friday, August 27th, She had her third doctor appointment which was her one month checkup! Her jaundice is completely gone and her belly button looks great. She weighs 7 lbs 2 ounces, which is 2 ounces below her birth weight and Dr. M is a little worried about that so she wanted me to make sure she at least tried to eat 4 ounces every 3-4 hours. I have to go back on Tuesday August 31st for a weight check. She needs to have gained at least 2 ounces or she will be put on a special diet. I really hope that isn't the case. She is now 20 1/2 inches long. She is growing fine but Dr. M is a little worried about her weight. I think she will gain the 2 ounces by Tuesday and that she won't have to be on a diet.

Well that is all about her 1st, 2nd and 3rd doctor appointments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment