Thursday, February 4, 2010

Papaw Update

My Papaw will undergo a quaduple open heart bypass tomorrow at 11 a.m. at St. Vincent's Hospital in Little Rock, AR. The doctor has suggested and tried to get him to get a pacemaker but he is refusing. He states he is too young to retire and if he got a pacemaker they would not let him drive a truck anymore. Therefore, they are scheduling the surgery as normal. We are hoping he will change his mind, but that is his decision..not ours.

The doctor told him there is a 10% chance he could go into cardiac arrest on the table and die. Please continue to pray for my Papaw. This is such a tough situation. We are also not sure (he has never talked about it) whether he believes in Jesus Christ or not. So not knowing if he dies where he is going is a pretty painful situation.

My older brother, Jay is going to try and talk to him about it. I really hope that goes well!

Please keep our family in your prayers as we near the surgery tomorrow! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. glad to see an update so I can continue to pray. Papaws can be stubborn things, can't they? Praying the surgery is a success and he has many years of truck driving in his future.