Friday, July 9, 2010

Weekly OB Check Up-36 weeks!

Yesterday (07/08) I had my 36 week OB checkup.  It was just the normal pee in a cup, blood pressure, weight, cervical check. My GBS (Group B streptococcus) culture came back positive from my last weeks exam.  My doctor assured me (over and over) that is was not a huge deal.  I will just have to have antibiotics the entire time I am in labor to ensure that I do not pass it on to Isabella.  He is confident that won't happen. 

Here are our most recent stats:

-Gained 38 lbs so far

-Isabella’s heart rate was 140

-My blood pressure was pretty low, but he just said I need to make sure I drink enough water and stay well hydrated

-dilated 2 cm

-effaced 60%

-Lost my mucus plug (is that not the nastiest word?!)

Also, he wants me to be induced on August 2nd if she does make her appearance before then.  He has several reasons to wanting this, one being the GBS and some other personal medical problems I have.  (not going to discuss those here though) So I am going to be doing a lot of walking to get her to come on her own before I have to be induced.  After talking with some of the great ladies in the MckMama forum and the Single Infertile Female forum I really decided that letting her come on her own was the best idea.  I guess my doctor has other plans…but I just have to trust him.  So at the very latest, we will be meeting our baby girl in 3 weeks and 3 days!! I can’t believe it is this close :)

Here is my 36 week belly update:

 36 weeks

Getting BIG! ha!

Please pray that Miss Isabella decides to come on her own before August 2nd, so that I don’t have to be induced :) Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend.  I am going to the Zoo to walk, walk, walk :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're in the home stretch. You've got such a cute little baby bump. Hope things continue to go well and that your baby comes before Aug. 2.

    ReplyDelete