Friday, April 30, 2010
Show us your Life-Money Saving Tips
I don't normally link up with Kelly's Korner and her Show us your Life Fridays. But today I thought I would share some of our (mine and hubby's) money saving tips!
1. We budget for savings just as if it were a bill. Each week we put X amount into our savings account and consider it "gone". It really helps build a savings.
2. If you have small children, buy season passes to places you visit often (i.e. Zoo, Children's Museum, etc.) We have found that this really saves us a lot of money through out the year because we go to those places so often.
3. I know this is a simple one but...EAT AT HOME! :) We were really guilty about eating out, especially with the kids, because it is just "easier". But the costs add up..and fast! I also implement this rule for work, I take my lunch everyday. Sandwiches, soup, frozen pizzas, burritos, etc. I have figured this to save me about $20-25 a week!
4. Pay bills when they come in. Waiting may cause you to forget and in turn incur late charges.
5. Rent a movie instead of going out to a movie. You can rent all of the new releases at the $1 rentals and save a ton of money by watching it at home and just making popcorn there :)
Those are my top 5 money saving tips!! Head on over to Kelly's Korner for more useful tips!!