Monday, July 13, 2009

A whole new world...

The title of this post describes exactly what I am going through in my life right now. I am entering into a whole new world of being a step mommy. It is one of the greatest adventures I have been through in life thus far.

The reason I decided to post this is because after church on Sunday, I looked down at Elijah and asked him what he learned about in Sunday School. He replied with the usual "JESUS!!" But it was followed directly by "and Peter, the King put Peter in jail even when he was not doing anything bad! Then the ANGEL came down and got Peter out of jail! Then Peter and the angel went to Peter's friend's house for the night" I was in awe. He usually just tells us he learned about "JESUS!!" and leaves it at that, but not this Sunday. My heart immediately swelled up with pride and I made him repeat what he had learned to his Daddy who was following behind us but could not hear our conversation. Needless to say, Daddy was full to the brim with pride too, along with MiMi (Noah's mom) and Pawpaw (Noah's dad). I wish I would have known that he was going to say something so awesome and recorded it, but unfortunatly moments like that in life are not planned.

As we walked to our van, I told Elijah to be sure to tell ALL his friends at school and his mommy what he had learned about in Sunday School. He so sweetly replied with "Oh you bet I will!" I am so proud of our little "man". I look forward to more sweet, prideful moments like that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment