Thursday, July 2, 2009

God Bless the U.S.A.

I just wanted to take a minute to Thank all of our soldier's over seas and here at home for doing what you do everyday. As a so-called "military brat" I have experienced first hand the feelings that one has when a close family member or friend is over seas. My dad did more than one tour in Iraq and missed a lot of big milestones in his kids lives. But that was his job and so he did it. For us, for you, and for all the people that talk negatively about our U.S. Military.


Here is a picture of me as a small child with my daddy before he left for Desert Storm. I am about 4 in this picture so that would make this 1990.

Photobucket

I recently had another person very dear to me leave for Afghanistan. He is 19 years old and by far the bravest 19 year old I know. He had no fears when leaving, he called me from the airport to tell me that he would miss me and that we should not worry about him he said to me "this is what I was trained to do". I laughed and talked with him for a few minutes then he had to go. I will continue to pray for him and the rest of our military everyday. Please join me in this effort. These soldiers are there for us...Lets honor them and Pray for them and their families!

Support Our Troops Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment