Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Isabella’s Quilt

I just wanted to show you all Isabella’s quilt that her GG, my paternal grandpa’s wife (not my grandma though…kind of odd I know) made her! I absolutely love it! In fact, I love it so much that I asked GG to make the bumper pads and crib skirt for Bella’s crib too!  I was ecstatic when she said she would.  Not only does it save us money but it is something Bella can hold on to for forever and have it as a family heirloom.  I love handmade with love things.  So here it is :)

quilt 1

Here are some close ups of the different squares:

quilt 2

quilt 3

quilt 4

quilt 5

quilt 6

quilt 7

quilt 8

Isn’t it precious? I love all the details.  The crib skirt and bumper pad will just be one solid pattern and will really work nicely with all the details in the quilt!! I could not be more excited about Bella’s nursery now. 

Thanks GG for all your hard work and the love you put into this quilt (and accessories)! Isabella is so blessed to have you as her GG :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful! I'm totally in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful quilt. How fun to have something so pretty, unique, and cheerful to look at every day. Actually it's so nice, I'd be tempted not to use it. Maybe use it for a wall hanging insead.

    ReplyDelete