Friday, May 7, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Kid's Names

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Today over at Kelly's Korner it is Show us Your Life-Kid's Names. I thought I would join in since I love naming babies :)

As you know (if you read my blog) our daughter's name is Isabella Grace. I originally had picked out the name Lilyann Eve. But after having several friends naming their baby girls some variation of Lily I decided against it. Isabella is not a family name, neither is Grace. I was not really "for" the name at first because I figured everyone would associate it with "Twilight" but after deciding against Lilyann, I decided it wasn't a big deal if people thought we named her after Bella on Twilight. I just like the name Grace so I put them together and they sounded beautiful :)

If we had been pregnant with a boy, his name was going to be Samuel Bradley. Samuel is a strong biblical name and that is what we wanted for our son/future son. Bradley is my maiden name and I have always wanted my son's middle name to be Bradley, to honor my father and his part of my family.

I did not name (of course) my step-children but I do love the uniqueness of their names.

Elijah Nathaniel

and

Kirsten Margaret

3 comments:

  1. love isabella grace. two of my daughter's names (middle) are grace...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your pregnancy is going well. Isabella Grace is a pretty name. One of my daughters has Grace for a middle name. Just read today that Isabella is the top name for new girl babies in America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally digging all the name choices, but you knew that already lol.

    BTW I'm thinking I'd name a girl Noemi Grace... Hope I ever get to name a girl...

    ReplyDelete